Saturday, January 17, 2009

Training Days


Every time I tell somebody about the bike ride they always ask, "you in shape?" I always answer with a grin, "I'm trying to get there". The truth is I've been training pretty hard but I think I'm a bit far away from being in riding shape.

Weight training, Bikram yoga, spinning classes, hiking, and random jogging days have been the training routine for the past 3 months. It all started with Bikram Yoga. That was the hardest of all the training but by far the most rewarding. I was going to class 5 days a week for 5 weeks. My body started to change, I lost a ton of wight and I built up some good core strength. This is all good of course but it's a bit far off from riding shape. Then came the spinning classes. I've been going to class everyday for the past 2 weeks. My trainer, Jauquin, is pictured above. He drives a hard ship. For the past 2 weeks I've been doing a bit of weight training as well. I've been going everyday for the past month and a half.




All in all I've lost about 8 kilos. I'm skinny as hell but I feel great and I'm ready to hit the road.

By the way...It's not a good idea to upset your spin class teacher on your first day. He was about 10 minutes late to class so I had the girl at the front desk call him. He came running in about 2 minutes after that. Being the only one in class, I'm sure he had no problem figuring out who blew the whistle on his tardiness. Anyway...he made sure my first class was a memorable one with one of the hardest workout's of my life! Ahhhh that was a fun day.

Aaron

No comments: