Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thoughts before the begining of a journey

It's getting late. I can't sleep. I'm nervous. I'm a bit scared. I'm excited. My mind keeps racing..."did I get everything...did I forget anything"?

Mike is fast asleep. How he can sleep...I don't know.

It's the night before the first day of the trip. I've been in Panama City for 2 weeks working on all the last minute details of the trip. I've put countless hours into this project. I want so bad to succeed. I want so bad to be able to raise this money for these kids who need it most. Now the time has come. I'm 8 hours and 45 minutes away from day 1.

It's getting a bit late. Its a good time to take a deep breath, clear my mind and think about the now.

At times like this I like to say a few words to myself. I try to find a quiet place wherever I may be. I like to get the lights a bit low if I can. I like to relax and take a few deep breaths. At times like this I like to say a few words. I'd like to share them with you.

I ask for courage and strength. The road ahead is by no means going to be easy. I hope that I reach every difficulty with the ability to make the right decision. I ask that I can meet everyday with the utmost positivity. I send positivity to my family and friends. I know that everyday an obstacle can occur in their lives. Hopefully the positive vibes will reach them. On this particular day I ask for courage and strength for all those in the world that need it most. Children, in this particular case, who don't have the same opportunities as us need all the positive vibes they can get. I hope that they recieve the positive vibes.

Tomorrow I'm off...wish me luck...

Aaron

No comments: