Thursday, July 23, 2009

I want a guest speaker!

Aight people...

Here I am at the community in Jalapa, Guatemala giving a speech to the people benefiting from this project. Check out this awesome picture of me in my Plan shirt with my eyes closed! ahahahah! I wish I had another picture. It would have been cool if someone took this from the back of the school so that you could see the 1000 people listening on. I don't really remember what I said during this speech because I was SOOOOOO nervous. But I do remember talking about how the people of Jalapa were very kind, gracious, hard working and had BIG hearts. I told them that education was so important! I promised to work as hard as my Guatemalan brothers and with a lot of work I would be able to convince the good people of San Francisco and beyond to help, pitch in and eventually we will build this school for the children.

So the 7 Views on Saturday, September 19th is going to get here faster than I think. I'm sure I'll have another speech and I promise that I'll try not to be as nervous as the last one!

But...

I'm looking for a guest speaker...

Greg Mortenson you out there?
http://www.gregmortenson.com/

John Wood are you interested?
http://www.roomtoread.org/

Does anyone have any connections to these guys? These are the dream speakers. I'll compile a list...

Peace, Power and Pedal

Aaron

2 comments:

. . . said...

you kind of look like Napoleon Dynamite!

Regina said...

I'm reading Greg Mortenson's book right now. Have you tried to contact him? It seems like this would be something he would be interested in being a part of.